2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Capacity
How much can the GMC Sierra 1500 tow? When equipped with the optional 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and the Max Trailering package, the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 achieves as much as 11,800 pounds. Biloxi drivers looking for an affordable, light-duty pickup truck that’s capable of most jobs on the site. Read on to explore the GMC Sierra 1500 towing features. Then fill out a pre-approval and get in touch with Mandal Buick GMC to schedule a test drive.
How Much Can the GMC Sierra 1500 Tow?
As we said earlier, pair the 4WD Crew Cab configuration with the 6.2L V8 engine and Max Trailering Package, and Gulfport drivers will be able to tow 11,800 pounds.
That said, the GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity has a wide spectrum due to its many configurations and engine options. Here are the categories of Sierra features that can affect towing capacity:
- Truck Beds: Short Box or Standard Box
- Cab Style: Crew Cab or Double Cab
- Drivetrain: 4WD or 2WD
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine, up to a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
Available GMC Sierra Towing Capacity Features
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: Whenever you have Hitch View turned on your rearview camera, this assist feature will automatically put your truck in park to avoid rolling.
- Max Trailering Package: To achieve that 11,800 pounds of towing, you’ll need to equip this package, which adds on a 3.42 axle ratio, revised shock tuning, a 9.76-inch rear axle, an enhanced cooling radiator. Heavier-duty rear springs, and a 220- amp alternator.
- Trailering Camera Package: Opt for this package and you’ll enjoy two side-view mirror cameras to make reversing and lane changing easier and safer when you are towing a load. You can pair them with a trailer-mounted camera for even greater visibility.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: A center console with towing-related buttons give you the ability to easily and intuitively manipulate your trailer brakes and keep tabs on your tow load through a camera feed.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: With throttle mapping, StabiliTrak, and transmission shift points, you’ll be able to fine-tune your handling to suit the terrain and weight of what you tow.
What Is the GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System?
Opt for the ProGrade Trailering System, and you’ll gain enjoy high-resolution cameras that feed through your infotainment display, integrated smartphone apps to make towing easier than ever, as well as the following:
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Test your trailer lights before you hit the road to make absolutely sure that other drivers can anticipate your brakes and turns.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: This feature allows you to see your hitch as backup to your trailer, making it easier than ever to hitch your load to your truck.
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: From pre-departure checklists, programmable trailer brake settings, Trailer Theft Detection, to programmable trailer brake settings, you won’t be left wanting.
Experience the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Capacity
How much can a GMC Sierra 1500 tow? While Ocean Springs drives know the specs, there’s no answer better than the experience of actually experiencing the GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity with a test drive. Give us a call at 228-400-5637 to take the next step. Have more questions about the car buying process? Be sure to explore our helpful car buying tips or learn more about the Buick Enclave interior today!
More From Mandal Buick GMC
If you’re like a lot of our Biloxi customers, you work hard during the week and play hard on the weekends. That means you need an SUV that can keep up with you. The new GMC Terrain looks great, but can it handle towing your jet ski or ATV? How much can the GMC Terrain…
Are you looking for an SUV that’s just as comfortable as it is capable? If so, you’ll be relieved to know that the GMC Acadia towing capacity reaches a maximum of 4,000 pounds when properly equipped. So if you’re looking for a three-row SUV to take care of your DIY projects and adventures past Biloxi,…
Do you need a new SUV to enhance your Biloxi drives? If so, there’s no doubt in our minds that the 2021 Buick Enclave will do just the trick. The Enclave offers three-rows of seating and a maximum of 97.6 cubic feet of cargo room for your group’s gear, groceries, and offers an array of…
How much can the GMC Sierra 1500 tow? When equipped with the optional 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and the Max Trailering package, the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 achieves as much as 11,800 pounds. Biloxi drivers looking for an affordable, light-duty pickup truck that’s capable of most jobs on the site. Read on to explore the…
The 2021 GMC Acadia offers Biloxi drivers plenty of cargo room and passenger space. It also comes equipped with the latest in high-tech convenience features. Read on to learn about how the Acadia interior features, the GMC Acadia dimensions, and GMC Acadia Cargo space make your commute less stressful than ever. Then fill out a…