2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Capacity
How much can the GMC Sierra 1500 tow? When equipped with the optional 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and the Max Trailering package, the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 achieves as much as 11,800 pounds. Biloxi drivers looking for an affordable, light-duty pickup truck that’s capable of most jobs on the site. Read on to explore the GMC Sierra 1500 towing features. Then fill out a pre-approval and get in touch with Mandal Buick GMC to schedule a test drive.
How Much Can the GMC Sierra 1500 Tow?
As we said earlier, pair the 4WD Crew Cab configuration with the 6.2L V8 engine and Max Trailering Package, and Gulfport drivers will be able to tow 11,800 pounds.
That said, the GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity has a wide spectrum due to its many configurations and engine options. Here are the categories of Sierra features that can affect towing capacity:
- Truck Beds: Short Box or Standard Box
- Cab Style: Crew Cab or Double Cab
- Drivetrain: 4WD or 2WD
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine, up to a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
Available GMC Sierra Towing Capacity Features
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: Whenever you have Hitch View turned on your rearview camera, this assist feature will automatically put your truck in park to avoid rolling.
- Max Trailering Package: To achieve that 11,800 pounds of towing, you’ll need to equip this package, which adds on a 3.42 axle ratio, revised shock tuning, a 9.76-inch rear axle, an enhanced cooling radiator. Heavier-duty rear springs, and a 220- amp alternator.
- Trailering Camera Package: Opt for this package and you’ll enjoy two side-view mirror cameras to make reversing and lane changing easier and safer when you are towing a load. You can pair them with a trailer-mounted camera for even greater visibility.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: A center console with towing-related buttons give you the ability to easily and intuitively manipulate your trailer brakes and keep tabs on your tow load through a camera feed.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: With throttle mapping, StabiliTrak, and transmission shift points, you’ll be able to fine-tune your handling to suit the terrain and weight of what you tow.
What Is the GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System?
Opt for the ProGrade Trailering System, and you’ll gain enjoy high-resolution cameras that feed through your infotainment display, integrated smartphone apps to make towing easier than ever, as well as the following:
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Test your trailer lights before you hit the road to make absolutely sure that other drivers can anticipate your brakes and turns.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: This feature allows you to see your hitch as backup to your trailer, making it easier than ever to hitch your load to your truck.
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: From pre-departure checklists, programmable trailer brake settings, Trailer Theft Detection, to programmable trailer brake settings, you won’t be left wanting.
Experience the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Capacity
How much can a GMC Sierra 1500 tow? While Ocean Springs drives know the specs, there’s no answer better than the experience of actually experiencing the GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity with a test drive. Give us a call at 228-400-5637 to take the next step. Have more questions about the car buying process? Be sure to explore our helpful car buying tips or learn more about the Buick Enclave interior today!
More From Mandal Buick GMC
When it comes to full-size SUVs that offer the expanded cabin space and features you need for an upgraded Biloxi commute, then you’re sure to find the right fit among the new 2021 GMC Yukon trim levels. With three distinct options at competitive price points with stunning features and capabilities, see how the GMC…
Are you looking for a luxurious SUV that can also tow your boat and trailer around Diberville? If so, it’s time to check out the 2021 Buick Enclave. Not only does it have three rows of plush seating, but also the 2021 Buick Enclave towing capacity reaches as high as 5,000 pounds when equipped…
If you’re looking for a unique luxury SUV that’s perfect for your Biloxi travels, then the one and only new 2022 Buick Encore configuration is sure to impress. While there may have been previous Buick Encore trim levels offered, the newest lineup offers a standalone option that’s sure to check all the boxes and…
The 2021 GMC Terrain is a popular pick with Biloxi locals for its spacious design, efficient powertrain, and affordable price point. But with four distinctly different trims available, which of GMC Terrain configurations is your ultimate match? In this guide, Mandal Buick GMC walk you through the different GMC Terrain trim levels in terms of pricing…
If you’re searching for an affordably-priced SUV that is generously appointed with luxury features, the 2021 Buick Envision should be on your radar. With three trim levels and an accessible starting price of $31,800 MSRP, it’s easy for every type of driver to find a new Envision for sale that suits their needs. Explore…